Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Howdy from Texas, Y'all!

Highlighted
Stephen_J_Padilla
Valued Contributor

I'm the new Computer Information Technology instructor at Altierus Career College in San Antonio.  So far, the overwhelming majority of our IT textbooks are from Cengage, so I look forward to participating here.

Eugene_Matthews
Valued Contributor
Online Learning
Babson College

Welcome to the network! I know that you'll find the resources that Cengage offers to be quite helpful in your course content delivery. My field is criminal justice, so other than the cyber-security, and computer crimes aspects of computer science, I have limited knowledge of your field. That said, does your institution offer courses on app development, or is it mainly just traditional computer science content?

At any rate, welcome!

~
Eugene

Stephen_J_Padilla
Valued Contributor

We do not teach app development, coding, or programming as of yet.  We may add something of the sort within a few years as we watch the demand develop.  I teach basic fundamentals that lead to students earning their CompTIA A+ certification so they can get their first entry-level positions in the computer field.  Along with that certification, I also teach content that prepares them for CompTIA Network+, Security+, and Linux+, CCENT, and a few MCSA certs.  We provide the students the exam voucher for A+, but they have to pay for subsequent certifications after they enter their new career paths, and make the decision for themselves based on which of the paths they take.