Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello to my fellow Faculty Partners

Solved
Highlighted
Faculty Partner
Go to Solution

Hi everyone! I am Joey Bryant from Forsyth Technical Community College in North Carolina. I am the Program Coordinator for Healthcare Business Informatics in the Thomas H. Davis iTEC Center. Wow - that is a mouthful every time I say it! The state is going through a realignment project and my program will soon be renamed Healthcare Informatics, so that will help. I also teach a variety of Information Technology courses ranging from Introduction to Computers to Systems Design.

I have been in information technology for over 30 years now, with most of those years in the consulting arena. I have been in education for 9 years. I started as an adjunct instructor at High Point University and then came to Forsyth. I absolutely love watching the students learn how technology works. One of my favorite classes is the capstone class when they finally pull everything together. I love watching students who have worked for two years come into that room and shine in their final presentation. Their confidence level soars and that makes all the difference to me. It lets me know that I am in the right place in my life to guide the next generation of IT professionals.

In my off hours, I am very involved with my church and my family. I sing with a praise band at my church and we are very active. We recently held a concert for our community and it was so much fun! I also love to camp and I spend a lot of time in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee camping with friends. When not camping, I try to make it to the beach with family to fish. I look forward to working and sharing with everyone in this community.

Admin
Go to Solution
Accepted by topic author Joey_Bryant
‎11-16-2016 08:42 AM

It is so nice to have you here, Joey! Thank you for all you do. And this really made me smile: "I love watching students who have worked for two years come into that room and shine in their final presentation." Smiley Happy Yes! That's what it's all about, isn't it? Happy Friday. 

Faculty Partner
Go to Solution
Absolutely. I have one student that was ready to quit school before the capstone because she was so intimidated and unsure of herself. Halfway through the class, I recommended her for a job and she emailed me that night of her interview. They offered her the job on-the-spot. She has been there for 7 months and has already been promoted. She recently told me that her confidence level has gone through the roof. That alone makes it all worth while. Smiley Happy
Faculty Partner
Go to Solution

Hello fellow North Carolinian, 

Don't you love the option of going to the mountains or the coast?

Although I don't get to either one of the as often as I would like, I know they are within driving distance.

In my discipline (biology), it is very rewarding to see students finally have that "aha" moment and really understand how to study and why they are learning about many different biological concepts. Seeing them make the connections is ver rewarding.

Reggie

Faculty Partner
Go to Solution
Technology
Education

Hi Joey, The aha! moments are what especially makes me feel like I am on the right track.

Rajone A. Lyman, M.Ed.