Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello from Southern Kentucky!

Occasional Visitor
Training
Teaching

Hi everyone! 

I have used Cengage textbooks & the Aplia or MindTap platform for a few semesters now. I really love the content & my students find it easy to navigate. I teach developmental reading & writing courses at Somerset Community College. I am looking forward to gaining ideas from you!

Nikki Ware
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Online Learning
Babson College

Nikki it's great to virtually meet you! I think your particular field has a lot of cross-over into all the other areas of teaching. I for one am happy to know that students are getting supplemental instruction on reading and writing because it immediately makes any follow-on courses easier for them...and for their instructors! I'm a huge proponent of MindTap because I've seen the impact it's had on student performance, student engagement, and student success!

One of the things I really like is having the option/ability to add current content to my MindTap course whenever relevant information appears in the news. My discipline is Criminal Justice, so relevant information happens almost every day!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community! If you have questions about online teaching and learning, or MindTap, feel free to reach out and I'll help if I can.

Be well!
~
Eugene