cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello! and Introduction from Emily J. Beard-Bohn

EmilyJBeard
Commenter

Hello! I have been a FP for several years now. I am an Associate Professor of English at Saginaw Valley State University in Saginaw, Michigan. I recently stepped into the First Year Writing Coordinator position this year. I have been here 6 years. I teach Freshman Composition, Topics in Critical Writing, Honors courses, and Literary Genre. Some of my courses cover themes such as censorship and the pursuit of happiness.

I moved to Michigan six years ago from Bowling Green, Ohio, where I received my Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Writing from Bowling Green State University. I am originally from Huntington, West Virgina. I received my M.A. from Marshall University.

My husband and I have a dog, three cats, 10 chickens, and a few thousand honey bees.

Audrey_Wick
Valued Contributor

Hi, Emily! 

It's great to "see" you here!

I hope your semester is going well, especially in your job coordinating all of your instructors with MindTap. I have really loved including more Aplia assignments in my class, so thanks for your cheerleading about that particular app. It's really smooth!  🙂

Best wishes for a great rest of the semester!

--Audrey 

Highlighted
Admin

Hello Emily.  As a psychology professor I have to say your course on the pursuit of happiness caught my eye. I've done some reading in positive psychology. Can you tell me more about what you cover in that class? @EmilyJBeard

Rajone_Lyman
Contributor

Hello Emily!  I recently visited Saginaw earlier this month. I must say I finally know what fall looks like.  Smiley Very Happy

Rajone A. Lyman, M.Ed.