cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello Fellow Partners - Kathleen Borbee

kborbee
Commenter

I am a faculty member at Monroe Community College (MCC) in Rochester, NY. This is my eighth year of full-time teaching; I was an adjunct for four years prior to that. I came to MCC after a 30+ year career with IBM in Systems Engineering, Marketing, and Sales Operations. I have taught many different classes and am currently teaching:

• Applied Business Applications - both face-to-face and online
  • Dynamics of Selling - face-to-face only
  • Principles of Marketing - both face-to-face and online

I use SAM for the Applied Business course, 4LTR Press Online for my Sales class, and MindTap for my Marketing class. These tools help me cover course content in an engaging way.

I am also very passionate about connecting the real world with the academic world. I use Service Learning in my classes where students complete a course project for an outside company or agency, and present their results to that organization's management.

mmartinez18
Commenter

HI Kathleen,

It's wonderful to meet you.

essie_childers
Tutor

Good Morning Kathleen,

Your service learning project sounds intriguing. Is this a mandatory component of your course?

Essie

Highlighted
Rajone_Lyman
Contributor

Hello Kathleen!  I use service learning as  required component in my teacher education courses and optional within my student success courses.  What resources do you provide to teachers to help them implement this program with ease? (This has been a bit of a struggle at our campus.)  What resources are also provided to students? incentives?  Thanks!

Rajone A. Lyman, M.Ed.