cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello Fellow Faculty Partners!

lkmanning
Commenter

I am an Associate Professor in the Business Computer Technology Department at Pellissippi State Community College in Knoxville, Tennessee. This is my 22nd year as full-time faculty member and I was an adjunct for 4 years prior to that. So, yes, that means I taught DOS, Word Perfect, and Lotus – Yikes! I currently teach Word, Excel, and Computer Applications (Word, Excel, Access) courses in traditional, hybrid, cohort, and online formats.

Our department has used SAM for years in our computer application courses. The beauty of SAM is that it not only allows the students to work at their own pace, but to practice just the skills they lack in a simulated environment. It also gives the students that immediate feedback on the concepts of the material being taught. Faculty still provide individual feedback throughout the semester on exercises and application exams. We feel that is also an important part of the learning process for our students.

I look forward to being a part of this learning community!

Admin
Admin

Whoa - DOS and Lotus! Bringing back memories.  How about this one: WordStar? Ever taught that one? That was my favorite in grad school.  I remember getting excited about inserting a whole 5 1/4 inch floppy disk into my computer so I could spellcheck my documents...(okay, now that's dating yourself).

essie_childers
Tutor

Welcome! Do you have problem with students waiting until the last moment to complete assignments using SAM? You indicated that students coulld work at their own pace.

Larry_Edmonds
Frequent Commenter

Happy to have a chance to learn from you.

-Larry