Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello Faculty Partners

Mindy
Commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm a professor and Department Chair in the Computer Applications & Office Management Department at Santa Barbara City College (SBCC). My main teaching involves fully online classes of our Intro to Computer Applications course but our department teaches all levels of computer applications and concepts courses. As chair, I work closely with our entire faculty to meet the needs of our students by using the best tools available.

I’ve been teaching for over 32 years, all at the post-secondary level (mostly community colleges—11 years in New York City and now 22 years at SBCC).

At SBCC, I was part of the first cohort to teach online in 1998 and have been doing so ever since. For the past two years, I’ve taught all of my courses fully-online. And I continue to mentor all of the full-time and adjuncts in our department who also teach online.

Around the time we started teaching online, our department decided to use SAM for assessment and training since students do not come on campus for their assessments. When SAM Projects was developed, we added that to our courses as well.

I’ve been using SAM since its inception and have found it to be an excellent tool for both online and face-to-face courses in the area of computer applications. I’ve been on the SAM Advisory Board for a while and have been happy to contribute my suggestions and ideas to see SAM improve with each new release.

I’m always happy and excited to share my knowledge of and experience using SAM with colleagues from other institutions. I look forward to more opportunities to do that as part of the Faculty Partners’ Network.

It's nice to see some of my SAM faculty partners and advisory group members already signed on to this group.

I hope everyone is having a great fall semester.

Mindy Mass

essie_childers
Tutor

Good Morning Mindy,

You may become my new best friend.Smiley Happy 

I may be developing a fully online Study Skills course.

Essie