Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello Faculty Partners and EWA Users!

Solved
Highlighted
mike_lafreniere
Valued Contributor

I am an Associate Professor of environmental engineering technology and mathematics at Ohio University-Chillicothe, where I have been teaching since 1994.

I use Enhanced WebAssign in conjunction with self-made, online videos and a 1:1 tablet computer environment in what I call a "Collaboratory." This includes in-class and online courses where my STEM students benefit from the mastery approach inherit with Enhanced WebAssign's randomization features. I stress the conceptual understanding, adaptive reasoning, and strategic competencies in conjunction with the procedural fluency commonly found in STEM courses. I provide support for colleagues to implement many of my experiences in their teaching.

I received my BS in Electrical Engineering in 1991, and my ME in Environmental Engineering in 1994 both from the University of Florida. Currently, I am working on a doctoral degree in mathematics education from Ohio University to improve the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) offerings available to students.

laf.jpg

Faculty Partner Profile

Enhanced WebAssign Interest (Video)

Joey_Bryant
Contributor
Hello Mike. I'm a SAM and MindTap FPN. I think I met you at a FPN event one time. It's nice to "see" you again.
mike_lafreniere
Valued Contributor

Hi Joey,

I remember you and our time in Atlanta filming videos for FPN stuff. Nice to get your message! Hope all is well.

Mike

Reggie_Cobb
Frequent Commenter

Hi Mike,

It's great to "see" you again. Best wishes on the doctoral degree.

I look forward to seeing you at other Cengage events and conferences.

Reggie