Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Faculty Partners and EWA Users!

Solved
Highlighted
Contributor
Go to Solution

I am an Associate Professor of environmental engineering technology and mathematics at Ohio University-Chillicothe, where I have been teaching since 1994.

I use Enhanced WebAssign in conjunction with self-made, online videos and a 1:1 tablet computer environment in what I call a "Collaboratory." This includes in-class and online courses where my STEM students benefit from the mastery approach inherit with Enhanced WebAssign's randomization features. I stress the conceptual understanding, adaptive reasoning, and strategic competencies in conjunction with the procedural fluency commonly found in STEM courses. I provide support for colleagues to implement many of my experiences in their teaching.

I received my BS in Electrical Engineering in 1991, and my ME in Environmental Engineering in 1994 both from the University of Florida. Currently, I am working on a doctoral degree in mathematics education from Ohio University to improve the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) offerings available to students.

laf.jpg

Faculty Partner Profile

Enhanced WebAssign Interest (Video)

Contributor
Go to Solution
Accepted by topic author mike_lafreniere
‎11-15-2016 06:32 AM
Hello Mike. I'm a SAM and MindTap FPN. I think I met you at a FPN event one time. It's nice to "see" you again.
Contributor
Go to Solution

Hi Joey,

I remember you and our time in Atlanta filming videos for FPN stuff. Nice to get your message! Hope all is well.

Mike

Frequent Commentator
Go to Solution

Hi Mike,

It's great to "see" you again. Best wishes on the doctoral degree.

I look forward to seeing you at other Cengage events and conferences.

Reggie