cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Hello Faculty Partners - Brad Duerson

bkduerson
Frequent Commenter

My name is Brad, and I teach Economics and Personal Finance at Des Moines Area Community College.  It is a great place to teach and was rated #10 community college in the nation by Value Colleges.  

I came to DMACC from the Department of Homeland Security where I was the Iowa training manager for airport security since its inception after 9/11. Prior to 9/11, I was the Global Operations Training Manager for a German firm that made paper packaging machines. I enjoyed several years teaching as an Assistant Professor of International Business at Southern Utah University. And prior to that, I served in management positions with Nissan in Tennessee and Franklin Covey in Tokyo, Japan. But through all those experiences, I have learned that teaching is the most rewarding occupation.  It is great to do what you love.

Mom-Brian-Dad.png

Cruise.png

Brad Duerson.png

diane_carter
Contributor

Konban-wa, Brad! It looks like we have something in common, as I lived in Tokyo for four years and then worked for the US subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation for another ten. That's about the extent of my Japanese language skill, though. While in Japan, I taught English for Tokyo Kogyo Technical High School District and later worked as a face character for Tokyo Disneyland. I completely agree that there's really nothing as satisfying as being an educator!

DC