cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Happy Friday, Faculty Partner Pals!

CarolGossett
Commenter

I am an Assistant Professor at the University of North Alabama. I have been teaching information systems courses since 1994. I worked in industry as a Systems Analyst for 14 years before moving to the classroom.  I teach courses in Office Applications Software, Systems Analysis and Design and Decision Support Using Spreadsheets. I serve as the University TestOut Coordinator for the Office Applications course.  The TestOut program allows students who can demonstrate proficiency in all of the Office applications to obtain credit for the course. I teach multiple sections of the Office Applications course each semester using SAM.  I also use SAM projects in the Decision Support class.

SAM has been instrumental in the way we teach our office applications course at UNA. Using SAM has allowed us to teach students who have various levels of Microsoft Office experience in the same classroom.  SAM projects have been a wonderful teaching tool for the professors as well as the students. The students receive immediate feedback and the professors do not spend hours grading file submissions.

I live in Florence, Alabama on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River with my husband of 35 years. I enjoy spoiling my grandsons, aka Captain Cutie (4 years old) and Captain Adorable (2 years old), spending time with my children, fishing and reading. Roll Tide!

Highlighted
Admin
Admin

"Captain Cutie  and Captain Adorable"  Love it!