Meet & Greet
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aloha from Honolulu!

Highlighted
Frequent Commentator

Aloha!

My name is Alyssa MacDonald and I have been teaching Biology at Leeward Community College for the past four years. I spent the previous two years in Yuma, Arizona teaching at Arizona Western College and Rio Salado College (online out of Phoenix). I am excited to be a part of this community and look forward to working with everyone!

Cengage

Aloha, Alyssa! Welcome to the Cengage Learning community! So glad you're part of our Biology Advisory Board!

Faculty Partner

Aloha to you as well, and welcome! From beautiful Arizona to gorgeous Hawaii sounds like a wonderful transition! Having already been exposed to online teaching you will probably appreciate the resources and technical support Cengage offers; and hopefully you'll find that collaborating with likeminded professionals will contribute to your teaching abilities. 

To that end, one of the things I e come to realize is that our students are not quite as technologically sophisticated as we might hope. So I see one of my sub-goals of teaching is to create media fluent students. I believe the MindTap active learning platform is one more way to make that happen.

So I hope you'll feel comfortable with sharing your successes and challenges with integrating and using this tool. To coin an old phrase, since "none of us is smarter than all of us", every interaction we have is an opportunity to expand or experience and share our knowledge. 

Again, welcome!

@Eugene_Matthews