cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X
Susan Hendrickson - University of Colorado, Boulder
Frequent Commenter
1 Comment

IMG_0759 (2).JPGFirst day of class selfie!Hi!  I just finished my 11th year as a Senior Instructor teaching large sections of General Chemistry 1 and 2 at the University of Colorado, Boulder.   After 19 years of teaching almost exclusively General Chemistry, I still love it and I am always surprised that it's still possible to get a deeper understanding of a topic after all these years!  

H2 Strontium.pngSr salt added to a hydrogen balloon.20 L Cans.JPGCrushing a 20 L can with the Ideal Gas Law.Although I am limited to large lecture sections, I try to make them as interactive as possible by utilizing clicker questions for classroom discussions (facilitated by Learning Assistants) and fun classroom demos.  Here are a few samples!

I like trying new strategies to improve student engagement and achievement so I look forward to participating in this project, learning new things and possibly getting some fresh ideas for my classroom. 

1 Comment
Cengage

Welcome to the community site! Thank you for sharing examples of your classroom demos, Susan! Can't wait to hear more in our upcoming virtual discussions!