Engage Your Students
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Time for Mid-Semester Feedback!

Admin

It's that time of year again - a good time to take a breath and get some feedback from your students regarding what's been working for them and what they think could work better.

There are many ways to do this of course - surveys using tools like PollEverywhere or Kahoot for example. But I've got a new tool you might want to try. It's called VideoAsk. It's made by the people behind Typeform (a tool that helps you make surveys, polls, forms, etc.). The advantage of VideoAsk: it combines a brief video of you asking the question along with easy ways for students to respond. The tool itself is easy to use and you can either copy the link or grab the iframe embed code and embed it right into your LMS.  Here's two examples.

1) A closed-ended question. If you've tried a new technique this semester you might want to record a question in which you ask students whether they thought the technique was useful or not. Click the play button below and feel free to answer the question just to see how it works (the responses are all sent to me anonymously).

2) An Open-ended Question. If you just want to get feedback in general about how students think the semester is going so far, you can also ask an open-ended question. Again, feel free to write anything in response to my question below. The responses are all sent to me anonymously (though you can require students to provide an email address is you wish).

Here's a screenshot of what the responses look like to me:

videoAskResponses.jpg

A fun little tool that you can use in a variety of ways. Check out VideoAsk here. Let me know what you think in the comments below!

(note: VideoAsk is not associated with Cengage)

Scholar

Another fun tool, thanks @michael_britt 

Highlighted
Maggie_Major
Contributor

Michael:

I am beta testing this tool in my classes. I embedded it into my midterm exam to assess how the students feel after completion of the exam.

Looking forward to the results.

Thank you!

Maggie

Admin

That's a cool idea @Maggie_Major . Let us know how it goes!

gmbowers
Frequent Commenter

Hmmm, I'm going to give this a try!

SheilaBlower
Frequent Commenter

Thank you for sharing! I will have to check this out!