Computing Instructor Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Virtualization: The Technology Behind Modern Data Centers

Highlighted
Cengage

Register today for our next Cengage Computing Experience Virtual Session, taking place on Tuesday, November 28th at 3 p.m. EST. 

Cengage Author Ted Simpson will explore virtualization technology and cloud computing, and the advances of implementing these topics and environments into your course! 

Hope to see you there! 

Valued Contributor

I'm hopping on this one like a frog on a junebug!

I might even give some attendance incentive to my students who choose to come in on their non-lecture day and for those who stay late from lecture that day.

Cengage

that's a great, idea! Do you think students would find value in virtual sessions like this? I wonder if Cengage should think about opening up session to student registration....you have me thinking! 

Valued Contributor

I don't know the content in advance, but my students will benefit from learning where the technology is going.  I teach them the skills they need to become successful entry level technicians, and prepare them for the CompTIA A+ certification exams.  I also give an overview of CompTIA Network+, Security+, and Linux+, Cisco's CCENT, and several Microsoft certifications.  Knowing the direction the technology is moving will help them choose the career path that is most in line with their gifts and callings.