How to Sign In
Computing Instructor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Use our MindTap with Coding Labs? See the updates!

Cengage
Cengage

See the changes coming to the Integrated Development Environment in our MindTap courses for Computer Science, Programming, and Web Development. These changes will be live in all courses on August 31st, and address  common concerns and questions we’ve heard from students, including:

• "What's the difference between the Test and Grade buttons?"
  • "I completed the instruction, why am I getting X grade?"
  • "What is being checked to give me this grade?"
  • "What is a test?"
  • "What does Run Code do?

We’re excited about the changes and improvements we’re making to the IDE so that your students will have a better experience in using our coding labs and developing their programming skillset. To learn more, contact your Learning Consultant, or check out the attached PowerPoint that outlines the changes in detail! 

Stephen_J_Padilla
Mentor

"What is a test?"?

A test is God's way of ensuring we will always have prayer in schools... ;-)

NoreneKemp
Commenter

Are these changes in CODEY or in a different environment?  Can you please forward me the  "attached PowerPoint that outlines the changes"

Cengage
Cengage

Hi there! 

I think there might be some confusion!! Our coding labs are in an integrated development environment in MindTap. And Codey is the little chat bot that gives students feedback! Codey is still in the environment, but will be in a different place. The PPT that outlines the changes is posted to the original post here:

community.jpg

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

ooops, silly me..Smiley Happy

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

The PPTs are not attached Cassie.

NoreneKemp
Commenter

Cengage
Cengage

Hi Sandy! they are posted for me! will you let me know if you have access? If not, I can email them directly. They are posted here:

community.jpg