How to Sign In
Computing Instructor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

University Students Interested in SpaceX Career?

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

Since the rocket launch yesterday, this has been on my mind..Smiley Happy.  Share with your students - we are teaching them required skills! http://www.spacex.com/university 

• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
  • Intermediate skill level using Windows Operating System
  • Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Cengage
Cengage

@Sandy_Keeter You do such a good job at making sure your students understand the relevancy of their courses!! I wish my instructors did that more when I was in school!! 

I had trouble with that link, so if anyone is looking to go to the site, use this one: http://www.spacex.com/university

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

Thanks!

eshepard
Contributor

Thanks for the information. However, it doesn't apply to students at a community college trying to get a position. The requriements state enrolled in a four year college or university. I would if they would consider someone at a two year college?

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

It's something for your students to look forward to if they continue on to a four year degree or maybe there is another job for them there that does not require a 4 year degree..Smiley Happy

Cengage
Cengage

I turned into an excited child watching the footage from that launch.  How amazing it must be to be at ground zero of the skill development of our future engineers!  Kudos to you, Sandy, and all of our educators!

Stephen_J_Padilla
Tutor

In my early childhood, Man walked on the Moon.  I dreamed of Lunar and Martian colonies.  I wanted to be an astronaut.  It was a real blow to me when we scaled back the Space Program.

Now that we are planning to go back to the Moon as a stepping stone to Mars, I am recapturing some of that youthful enthusiasm, although I know I myself will not be one to set foot on the Red Planet.