Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Research Opportunity - Participation for Education

Cengage
Cengage

CARE Banner_480x80.jpg

“I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.”

-Bill Gates

Hello Cengage Computing Community!

Hope summer is treating you well and you are enjoying sun and fun. 

I want to personally invite you to join Cengage Computing in a research study.

The Computing Analytics & Research in Education (CARE) came about due to a major misconception going around. One that’s hurting higher education graduates across the world: that “digital natives” no longer need the Intro to Computing course.

That’s a huge loss since Microsoft Office is listed as a required skill 5X more frequently than all other software programs combined.[1] Yet companies cite a large technology skills gap from recent college graduates.

These graduates—your students—need our help.

Please join us for our CARE Fall research study. We will be presenting initial research on two dates:

• Tuesday, August 8, 2:00 p.m. ET

Monday, August 14, 11:00 a.m. ET (Presenter, Rachelle Hall, Glendale Community College)

Computer_Lightbulb.png

Or move straight onto the "Count Me In!" page to sign up for participation in our research study.

Like Thumbs Up.png

Please, pass this along to any of your colleagues or friends that teach – they can participate in this research program no matter what department they are in!

Thank you for helping elevate Computing education.  Feel free to reply to this post and share your thoughts on this topic - in fact, it is encouraged!

-Stephanie, Michele & Cassie

Questions?  Please feel free to email me @ stephanie.albracht@cengage.com 

[1] International Data Corporation (IDC)

@CassieC @MicheleMcTighe