cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

CCE plans!

Cengage
Cengage

Can you believe CCE is less than 2 weeks away? We spend so much time planning and preparing that it's hard to believe the event is almost upon us!

For those of you attending the conference, you should have received a logistical email with information on the hotel, transportation, etc. We also just received a hot tip from @ProfessorCorinne, who lives part-time in Seattle. The Seattle light rail ($3) goes directly from the airport to Westlake Station which is two blocks from the Grant Hyatt, and she tells us it's a very safe area. A very affordable alternative!

We have a free night in Seattle on Tuesday night for dinner, so you'll be able to plan your own dinner and sightseeing that night. Let's start talking about plans for that night! What will you do with your free time?

For those of you who will not be attending this year's event, you can still join us virtually! Follow along with us on the Computing Facebook Page, where we'll be sharing live updates, photos, and videos and you can comment and ask questions. 

Scholar

Thanks for the info @Danielle_Klahr and @ProfessorCorinne !  I get in at 10:30 Sunday if anyone wants to light rail with me to hotel! http://sensys.acm.org/2011/venue/lightrail.pdf 

Sandy

Conrad_Ajaero
Commenter

Hello Sandy,

My name is Conrad Ajaero. I will be arriving from Detroit, Michigan at 2.20pm on Sunday for the conference and will like to rail with you to the hotel. This is my first time visiting Seattle. I am an Instructor at Wayne County Community College.

Thanks 

Conrad

Scholar

Hey @Conrad_Ajaero!

i get in around 10:25 so I’ll be long gone, sorry.  It looks like the rail is really easy to get to from baggage; just follow signs to parking and transportation from baggage and it will direct you over a sky bridge and then follow signs to the rail on the other side. Exit at Westlake Light Rail station and when you leave the station walk two blocks on Pine st to 7th and you’ll see the Hyatt in front of you!

I BET you will run into many other conference attendees heading to the light rail with you, but hopefully someone with a similar arrival will respond here so you can coordinate with them...Smiley Happy.

excited to meet you in Seattle!

Julie
Contributor

Sandy,

Thanks for the specific directions.  I always get so turned around in new places.

Julie Phillips

GailMarie
Frequent Commenter

Conrad-

I'm actually coming from Green Bay to Detroit and believe I will be on the same flight from Detroit to Seattle with the 2:20 arrival time.  This is also my first time to Seattle. We will have to connect and make the rail to the hotel together.

I am an instructor at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay.

I previously attended the conference last year which was unbelievable.  Looking forward to the experiences at this years conference and meeting more fabulous individuals. 

Conrad_Ajaero
Commenter

Gail,

the Delta flight from Detroit leaves 1230. I was informed by the sales rep from Cengage that there will be vehicles conveying attendees from the airport in Seattle. I hope its true if not we,ll use the light rail. See you then.

Kelly_Hinson
Contributor

Gail,

Our information says we are responsible for transportation from the airport to the hotel and back. Cengage takes us from the hotel to the Microsoft Campus. Unless your sales rep has set up something specifically for you, you will need to do like the rest of us and arrange your own transportation. See you there!

TerriGee
Contributor

The light rail seems like the way to travel from airport to hotel. I arrive around 10:30 Sunday morning, so I may see you Sandy at the platform...

For Tuesday evening, I am hoping to find a place for dinner and drinks. Since Seattle is home to some great music/bands, it would be fantastic to find a small place to listen to music. Perhaps catch the next Nirvana or Pearl Jam at the start of their career. If anyone knows of a place, or would like to explore with me, let me know...

Scholar
ghall4038
Contributor

I will arrive Sunday 07 April 2019 at 11:27 AM from Mississippi and will probably take the light rail since it sounds easy to use and a convenient way to get to the hotel.

Glynda Hall

Highlighted
Scholar

I depart SUPER early Wednesday morning so I'm not sure the Light Rail will work for me on that day....

ProfessorCorinne
Tutor

Sandy the Seattle light rail starts WAY early--

See Westlake Station

https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/default/files/documents/link-light-rail.pdf

Scholar

Thanks @ProfessorCorinne ..Smiley Happy.  My flight is at 6 am so I'm not sure the 4:56 rail will get me there in enough time to make it to my gate!?!  Maybe I'll find someone else going that early and we can split an uber or find a shuttle...

ghall4038
Contributor

@Sandy_KeeterMy flight leaves Wednesday, 10 April 2019 at 05:40 a.m. so I will be heading out early, too. Maybe others will also want to go early and we can share an Uber or shuttle like you suggested.

Glynda

Julie
Contributor

Headed to Seattle early to get in some site seeing. So excited about the conference!!!  Breakout sessions sound amazing.