cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

CCE 2019 is coming!

Cengage
Cengage

We are in the planning stages of the Cengage Computing Experience Conference for 2019! We have lots of exciting tricks up our sleeve for this upcoming event, but we need your help!

What topics would you like to see in our live sessions and labs? Are there any particular areas you'd like to learn more about?

For those of you who have attended a CCE event in the past, which sessions did you find most valuable?

Stay tuned for additional updates about this event, and thank you in advance for your feedback!

Sandy_Keeter
Mentor

Data Analytics, Cyber and Office 2019..Smiley Happy

I would also love a round table on how computing classes are doing at other colleges.  Enrollment changes up or down and what everyone is doing to affect those changes..Smiley Happy

Can't wait!!

Cengage
Cengage

Love that idea @Sandy_Keeter!

cpartite
Frequent Commenter

I always love Corrine's presentations with applications to use in the classroom to make learning more exciting and engaging.   I am hosting an In-Service tomorrow and will be sharing some of the apps she shared with us in Charleston.

ProfessorCorinn
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the very kind shout out! Have a great start to your semester!

Cengage
Cengage

@cpartite it's great to hear that you're able to apply what you learned at CCE in your classroom!

eshepard
Contributor

I would like to see sessions on Systems Analysis, data analytics, data mining and MySQL.

Cengage
Cengage

@eshepard thank you for the suggestions!

TerriGee
Contributor

I will echo sessions on Office 2019, data analytics, cybersecurity, and anything by Corrine! Another session idea would be a panel discussion regarding the launch and first semester of Cengage Unlimited - what worked, what may not have worked as well as expected, etc. A panel of both Cengage people and faculty who adopted would give a nice balance.

MarkVerhoeven
Contributor

TerriGee "A panel of both Cengage people and faculty who adopted would give a nice balance." 

Terri, I also like this idea, I am also adopting Cengage unlimited and recommending it to my students. I would be happy to share what I found this semester. My biggest fear is students arrive to class with a $260 bundle next week. I hope they have watched my videos explaining they do not need to do that. 

Cengage
Cengage

@MarkVerhoeven I was on campus this week in Texas, and spoke to several students who had purchased hard copies prior to learning about Cengage Unlimited. They were able to return their materials to the bookstore and get signed up for CU. Not ideal of course, but it's not a huge deal if they've already made a purchase.

Cengage
Cengage

@TerriGee the CU panel is a GREAT idea! And yes, I agree that "anything by Corinne" would be fantastic!

MarkVerhoeven
Contributor

Anything around teaching hands-on labs in Security +, Network+ Microsoft Server, Microsoft Client. etc. It's very valuable for faculty that have not adopted hands-on learning in the class room. 

Stephen_J_Padilla
Mentor

Hopefully, I'll be able to attend this one.  I joined the community too late for the last one.

Right now, my biggest concerns are IoT and blockchain.  (That might be pathetically trendy of me, but cybersecurity has to be in touch with the trendy, as it often poses the greatest security threats.)

MarkVerhoeven
Contributor

Stephen 

"Right now, my biggest concerns are IoT and blockchain.  (That might be pathetically trendy of me, but cybersecurity has to be in touch with the trendy, as it often poses the greatest security threats.)"

IoT for sure, I got plenty of blockchain at the CompTIA Partner Conference, it's a trendy topic.. Great tips for sessions! 

LCRSC
Commenter

Anything related to AR, VR, and AI.  Always love Corrine's presentations, and your speaker last year was outstanding (regarding nuclear energy).   It would be helpful to let people know tentative location and dates as we have to provide budgetary requests now to travel in the spring.

Stephen_J_Padilla
Mentor

@LCRSC, don't forget when teaching to make sure you pronounce AR as "Arrr!" and AI as "Aye!"  P-)

beth_cunningham
Occasional Visitor

Not a suggestion but a question - any info on the logistics of the conference? Date? Location? Trying to get estimated associated costs to attend processed through budgeting, if we wait much longer, we won't have the money set aside to pay for it! Smiley Sad

Cengage
Cengage

@beth_cunningham we are still firming up details and plan to make an announcement in mid-October, which is much earlier than we announced last year! It will be posted here in the forum. Stay tuned!

eshepard
Contributor

Looking forward to the information! The conference is so valuable and I learn so much when I attend!

pstovall
Commenter

I would like to see some info on blockchain.