How to Sign In
Cengage Unlimited News And Announcements
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X
Start Your Students Strong In Just 3 Clicks!
4 Comments

Start Your Students Strong In Just 3 Clicks!

We’re thrilled to announce our new Start Strong page, where your students can learn how to register for their Cengage course in just THREE clicks of their mouse!

startStrongImage.jpg

WHAT IS THE START STRONG PAGE?

• This self-serve tool will provide students with the appropriate registration video and quick start guide, as well as quick access to Customer Support should they run into any problems. 
  • It’s also a place where faculty can grab anything they want to embed in their syllabus/course or share in class to help students register.

Share this link with your students: http://www.cengage.com/start-strong

Students will:

1. select the digital platform they’re using
  2. select their LMS (if they’re using one)
  3. tell us if the cost of the materials is included within the cost of tuition (i.e. if it’s an Inclusive Access adoption).

They’re then served up a snazzy page with the appropriate registration video and quick start guide to download. It’s as easy as that!

4 Comments

Very nice! I usually provide the necessary link to my specific digital product in my lms, but will add the start strong link as well..Smiley Happy.

Valued Contributor

This is REALLY helpful; thank you.

Here is what we put in Blackboard currently (we are inclusive access/directly embedded or deeplinked):

For the MindTap link:

Click on the link above to access your required e-Textbook and digital coursework; the content will launch in a new window. Make sure your pop-up blocker is off or is set to 'allow' new windows. Like with Blackboard, make sure you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer. If you have not accessed Cengage Learning, Inc. e-Textbooks before, you will be directed to a log-in page. Please follow these directions (only need to do this one time):

• Click on "Don't have an account?" at bottom of screen (unless you know your Cengage Learning email and password)
  • Register any email address and password (write it down somewhere in case you need it later)
  • Check both boxes on right
  • Submit information; you will see a "successful" message in green across the top
  • You will be redirected back to the log-in screen
  • Use the email address and password you just created
  • Accept the terms (scroll down: bottom, right-hand corner)
  • Enter the e-Textbook by clicking on the blue "enter" button

For the course as a whole:

This course includes hyperlinks to other, external content. These hyperlinks are utilized to take you outside of the Blackboard environment. Please make sure that your pop-up blockers are disabled or set to "allow" content to launch. Also, make sure you are NOT using Internet Explorer as your browser.

Frequent Commenter

Great!

I typically put this in my syllabus (along with a video where I create a fake student and go through the process):

Webassign:  You must purchase an access code.  The bookstore sells them, or you can purchase them direct from http://www.webassign.net   At the website on the right hand side next to the log in button is a link that says “I Have a Class Key”.   Click on that link and then put in the class key uwyo 6745 7227. Then create your Webassign account (if you have made an account in another class you are welcome to use it if you want).  When you reach the home page there are four sections that should be of interest:

Followed by an explanation of each of the sections they see in Webassign.

These are the links I provide in one of my classes to help them get them all set up to go in SAM:

SAM is a Skills Assessment Manager that we will be using for most assignments.  REVIEW the SAM Info Module on the Canvas Home Page for Detailed Information, but here is a quick guide to help you get started after clicking on a SAM assignment or SAM report link in Canvas: