In April, 2014 Microsoft released an update to Excel Online. The updated features are intended to make the app easier to access and use, and adds new features.
Users can now access Excel Online (along with Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and Outlook) by going to office.com in a browser, clicking Excel Online, and starting a new file.
New features added in this update include:
- Authoring, inserting, editing, and deleting comments
- Ability to edit files containing macros and other Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code without removing or corrupting the VBA code
- Hiding and unhiding rows and columns
- Tell Me in-app feature search added, allowing fast access to related features with a quick keyword search
- Customizable Status bar aggregates (such as Min, Max, and Numerical Count)
- Ability to use GoTo (Ctrl+G) to quickly navigate large worksheets