How to Sign In
CCE Tampa
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Scholar

What are YOUR Tech Trends?

I’m looking forward to hearing about the latest technology and computing trends in Corinne’s keynote. Personally, I have been hearing more and more in the news about Twitter and other Social Media platforms than ever before - go figure?!  The discussions we are having on "fake" media, hacking, security and privacy and the Internet of Things is fascinating. Drones, self-driving cars and AI are also hot topics in my Computer Concepts classroom.

To keep my students engaged, I use RSS feeds to discuss the latest technology and how it is impacting each of us on a personal level.  Recently my college bought me a set of Fit Bit zips so my students could work in groups to study the technology on a closer level.  They learn about hardware, apps, syncing, blue tooth, data analytics, etc all semester long from that cute little device - and they are staying healthy while learning!

What are the latest trends that you are seeing in and out of the classroom?

12 REPLIES 12
Joey_Bryant
Contributor

Re: What are YOUR Tech Trends?

My program is all about the data analytics! You should come hear my session and what we are doing!
Scholar

I'm planning on attending your session!

Joey_Bryant
Contributor

Great! I look forward to seeing you there. I just got back from a workshop on data analytics that gave me new ideas for my classes that I can bring the session as well.
eshepard
Valued Contributor

I will be attending your session, looking forward to it!

Joey_Bryant
Contributor

Great! I look forward to seeing you there.
schinaman
Commenter

I'll be there!  

Has your college added a program in Data Analytics?   I'm so curious about this.  

Scholar

We recently added a Data Analytics course to our Programming curriculum and are in the development stages; hope to run it for the first time this Fall.  I'm going to Joey's presentation for ideas!

Joey_Bryant
Contributor

My Healthcare Informatics program revolves around analytics. Our Database Management program has also added a data analytics course into their new curriculum.
eshepard
Valued Contributor

Looking forward to hearing about your course and also the program. Thanks for all your help!!

profbg60
Commenter

I love the innovative ways you are teaching technology to your students. I spend many hours trying to develop innovative ways to keep my students engaged in learning the various topics of the concepts portion of course.

I am not familiar with FibBit zips but that might be a game changer for me.

I hope to meet you tomorrow!

Sincerely,

Barbara

Rachelle_Hall
Frequent Commenter

We are doing a session on How to Combat Fake News, and ways we, as professors, can help our students determine the different between real and fake news. Hopefully this session will provide assistance on how you can guide your students in the right direction.

Rachelle

Scholar

Oh I can't wait to learn from you!  We start off with hot tech news every class period and social media/fake news seems to dominate he headlines so we have some pretty interesting conversations!

Highlighted
Scholar

What are YOUR Tech Trends?

I’m looking forward to hearing about the latest technology and computing trends in Corinne’s keynote. Personally, I have been hearing more and more in the news about Twitter and other Social Media platforms than ever before - go figure?!  The discussions we are having on "fake" media, hacking, security and privacy and the Internet of Things is fascinating. Drones, self-driving cars and AI are also hot topics in my Computer Concepts classroom.

To keep my students engaged, I use RSS feeds to discuss the latest technology and how it is impacting each of us on a personal level.  Recently my college bought me a set of Fit Bit zips so my students could work in groups to study the technology on a closer level.  They learn about hardware, apps, syncing, blue tooth, data analytics, etc all semester long from that cute little device - and they are staying healthy while learning!

What are the latest trends that you are seeing in and out of the classroom?