How to Sign In
CCE Tampa
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Scholar

Introduce YOURSELF!

This event will represent educators from MANY different institutions.  Who are you? What is your background? What brings you to the event?

I’ll start! My name is Sandy Keeter from Seminole State College of Florida.

• I'm a retired AF Officer.
  • I currently teach Intro Computing Concepts and Applications.
  • I've been using Cengage Products and SAM for nearly 20 years and am also part of the Faculty Partner Network
  • About 5 years ago we started using MindTap for our Intro Computer Concepts Class and we LOVE it!
  • Almost 2 years ago we switched to Canvas as our LMS and we now have all our Cengage products deep linked in our LMS; talk about seamless - the single signon for our students and syncing to our LMS gradebook is wonderful!
  • I'm excited to be at the Tampa event to learn and network with YOU, share best practices and to learn about new Tech Trends from Corinne Hoisington and Cengage!
8 REPLIES 8
Rachelle_Hall
Frequent Commenter

Re: Introduce YOURSELF!

My name is Rachelle Hall and I am traveling from Phoenix, Arizona. I teach at Glendale Community College (GCC) and am currently in my 18th year.

• We have been using SAM at GCC going back to the SAM/TOM years (about 18 years).
  • We use SAM for all of our Microsoft Office courses on campus, plus for our campus-wide, technology literacy assessment.
  • I have been working with Cengage for a number of years to assist with their partnering programs working to provide institutions with information and training needs that will work best for their students.
  • Along with teaching the Intruction to Computer courses, I also teach Microsoft Technology certification courses and Business Management and Marketing courses.
  • My education background includes a master's in public administration from NAU, and a dual bachelor's in management and business administration from Ottawa. 

Looking forward to seeing many of you again and meeting many of you for the first time as well. 

JWest96
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sandy and Rachelle!

My name is Jill West and I teach at Georgia Northwestern Technical College. I also work with Jean Andrews writing Cengage's A+ and Network+ books. My degrees are in education and psychology, and I'll be speaking on learning psychology (my passion!) in Tampa with a specific focus on how this information can help IT instructors in the classroom. I'm ready to cross paths with old friends and make new ones, plus there are a lot of great sessions on the agenda. I hope to meet each of you there!

schinaman
Commenter

Hi Sandy!

I'm Rebecca Schinaman from Edison Community College in Piqua, Ohio.

I'll introduce myself properly tomorrow but wanted to get logged in and become a member of the group tonight.

I'm really excited for Tampa!

schinaman
Commenter

A little bit more about me...

I teach various IT classes at Edison State Community College in Piqua, Ohio.   We have been using SAM for the past several years and I really appreciate the investment in training and education Cengage makes for all of us. I've been with the college for 19 years and I am also the Program Coordinator for our department and the chair of the Curriculum Committee.  I always enjoy the conference because I learn so much and see familiar fun faces.   I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week in Tampa!

JanetCampbell
Occasional Visitor

This is Janet Campbell from Dixie State University in St. George, UT. I work with several CIS courses, but my major responsibility is a Business Computer Proficiency course. Loved reading that Rachelle Hall had been using SAM since the SAM/TOM days. I have been using SAM since that time also. We integrated SAM with out LMS, Canvas, several years ago and enjoy the many benefits of integration.

gfiori
Occasional Visitor

Hi! This is George Fiori - I'm a Computer and Information Technology Instructor at Tri-County Technical College in Pendleton, SC. We've been using SAM/MindTap for about 3 years - prior to that we used Pearson's MyITLab and prior to 2007 we used SAM - for both our Intro and Intermediate Microsoft Office courses. I am responsible for designing the courses and handing them out to about a dozen instrucotrs who teach around 30-35 sections (600-700 students) each semester. We will be making the switch to MS Office 2016 starting in the summer semester, and I'm looking forward to leanring more about SAM/MindTap and 2016. In addition, I also teach our Intro to Programming course, based on 'C' (about 8 sections a year), and a Visual Basic programming course.

eshepard
Valued Contributor

Looking forward to seeing you in Tampa soon!!!

jbrown
Commenter

Hello,

My name is James and I teach MS Office, Web, Database and SQL courses. I'm a lecturer with Central Washington University in the Information Technology and Administrative Management Department. I'm a life long learner and prior to coming to academia I worked many years as a software techie. I don't want to bore you but I love to learn. Seems like I never get bored with tech and I'm constantly seeking how to effectively teach course content with maximum knowledge transfer to the student. Switching to MindTap in Summer and Would love to hear how everyone else is teaching Office 2016.

Highlighted
Scholar

Introduce YOURSELF!

This event will represent educators from MANY different institutions.  Who are you? What is your background? What brings you to the event?

I’ll start! My name is Sandy Keeter from Seminole State College of Florida.

• I'm a retired AF Officer.
  • I currently teach Intro Computing Concepts and Applications.
  • I've been using Cengage Products and SAM for nearly 20 years and am also part of the Faculty Partner Network
  • About 5 years ago we started using MindTap for our Intro Computer Concepts Class and we LOVE it!
  • Almost 2 years ago we switched to Canvas as our LMS and we now have all our Cengage products deep linked in our LMS; talk about seamless - the single signon for our students and syncing to our LMS gradebook is wonderful!
  • I'm excited to be at the Tampa event to learn and network with YOU, share best practices and to learn about new Tech Trends from Corinne Hoisington and Cengage!