B Comm Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X

Welcome to the Cengage Business Communication Community Site!

Highlighted
Cengage

If you are experiencing teaching challenges, or are simply looking for new or better methods for reaching your Business Communication students, this is the place to be! Join or start a conversation, ask/answer questions, and share your knowledge and expertise with others in our field right here in the Business Communication Forum! 

Let’s get the conversation started!  Tell us about you!

• Your name
  • Where you teach
  • What type of course you teach (face to face, online, hybrid)
  • What do you enjoy most about teaching?

My name is Beth Ryan, I teach at Columbia College Chicago in the Business and Entrepreneurship department.  We use Mindtap in our Introduction to Management courses and love what it offers.  I am intrigued by the webinar 

Upcoming Webinar:
Beyond the Grade Book: Preparing Job-Ready Communicators with MindTap

but teach during all three of the date/time offerings.  Does anyone have experience with this class?  I am curious how others build job-readiness skills in curriculum.  

Cengage

Hello!  Thank you for joining the B Comm Community!  My name is Eric Wagner and I am the Marketing Manager for Business Communication.  I am sorry to hear that the times for our upcoming webinar will not work for your schedule.  We will be recording the webinar and posting it for on demand access in the Events section of the community.  Additionally, we will be sure to focus some of our forum discussions around preparing job-ready communicators to help facilitate additional dialougue around this topic.

Thanks again! 

Eric

Commenter

Hi! My name is Maria Soriano Young, and I teach at John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio. My primary responsibility at JCU is to direct the Writing Center, but I also teach First-Year Writing, train the English department graduate assistants to teach FYW, and (for the first time this semester) teach Business Communication as I coordinate the BusComm courses. As a relatively uninformed newcomer to the discipline, I am looking into ways to restructure this course to focus more on writing skills, which is what our students need. My favorite aspect of teaching, though, is helping students improve and realize their own potential.

Cengage

Hi Maria!

Thank you for joining the B Comm Community! My name is Alex Rainford and I am the Marketing Coordinator for Business Communication. I work with Eric Wagner, the Marketing Manager for Business Communication. I am so excited to hear that you have started teaching Business Communication at John Carroll University! Capabilities in MindTap such as the Writing Activities found in Write Experience, and Grammar Checkups could definitely help you focus the course more on writing skills. Helping students improve and realize their own potential is a great reason to be a Professor! 

Please let me know if you need anything!

Alex

Frequent Commenter

Hi everyone! I'm Amy Newman, and I teach in the business college at Cornell University. My courses are business writing, persuasive communication, and corporate communication, and they are all face-to-face, but I'm incorporating more online work through MindTap and other sources every semester. I'm also author of Cengage's textbook, Business Communication: In Person, In Print, Online (10e). I have to agree with Maria: my favorite part about teaching is watching students learn and improve their skills.