How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonnie_Van_Ness

how do I find out how many attempts are permitted in Aplia

I was given a base course in Aplia.  I want to alter the assignment.  It seems that there used to be a page with multiple things that could be changed.. answer tolerance, type of feedback after an attempt, number attempts allowed, etc.   I can not recall how to access that page.  Can someone tell me how to do this?

Bonnie_Van_Ness
To Jenny_Billings: I am using Aplia within MindTap. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
(0) Kudos

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

Re: how do I find out how many attempts are permitted in...

Are you using the Aplia standalone course or the Aplia that is within MindTap? That will help me answer your question. I've used both, and am doing webinars on Aplia in March/April, so am happy to assist you. Smiley Happy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Scholar

If you are using Aplia in MindTap, there are multiple setting options from which you can choose (Visible, Not Visible, Scheduled), attempt options (Try Another Version or Grade It Now), and grading options (Keep Highest or Do No Harm).

If you don't like the default settings, you may want to make some changes. To do so,  here are some text instructions with screenshots to help: http://go.cengage.com/uploads/6185b16320df5d05f83cb37b5605f946_1_5160.pdf

And here is a video on YouTube that shows the instructor and student view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kprHl4u3HyE

Good luck!

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

Sure! No problem. Launch MindTap. Aplia is in your app-dock on right-side. It is the light blue square with the white circle. 

Click on it. From there, you can expand the screen to edit individual assignments. You can also click on the wheel to alter settings. 

I have attached screenshots. Let me know if you need more options/views.