How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinjini_mitra
Valued Contributor

What are the pros and cons of WebAssign compared to CNOW and MindTap? And I am looking at both students' and faculty's sides.

I am using CNOW now.

Great Answers (2)

Great Answers (2)

Audrey_Wick
Valued Contributor

Re: What are the pros and cons of WebAssign compared to C...

Hello, @sinjini_mitra

I just wanted to check in to let you know that there's a dedicated discussion thread about WebAssign in the Cengage All Access platform. This is available to current users of Cengage products, so you might like checking in there, including reading this post: 

WebAssign.png

mike_lafreniere
Valued Contributor

Hello -

One of the advantages of WebAssign is the ability for automatic grading of algorithmic-generated, open-ended questions that require students to submit numerical, symbolic expressions, or equations.  The shortcoming is having a textbook with a sufficient library of WebAssign questions. Thankfully, there is a migration of content from CNOW to WebAssign (e.g., Statistics for Business and Economics - Revised 13th edition by David R. Anderson, Dennis J. Sweeney, Thomas A. Williams, Jeffrey D. Camm, and James J. Cochran at http://bit.ly/2JcpCtf).

If you want, feel free to email me and I'll share with you my contact info so we can talk more. Email me at: lafrenie@ohio.edu

Mike Lafreniere

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Scholar

@mike_lafreniere uses both so you should check with him @sinjini_mitra.  I love the learning path in MT, but Mike can definitely speak to the "robustness" of WebAssign and all that is has to offer faculty and students

Scholar

You might want to reach out to @mike_lafreniere - I believe he uses Web Assign in conjunction with MindTap!

My guess is that Web Assign has more power/features than CNOW , but I'll refer to the expert users to tell you for sure : https://www.webassign.com/instructors/features/

Good luck!

mike_lafreniere
Valued Contributor

WebAssign affords students and instructors to automatically assess open ended questions that allow for expressions, equations, data sets, numerical and standard question types.  There's much more...  Message me and we can set up a time to connect via Zoom to see first hand.

Scholar

What course are you teaching and what book are you currently using?