How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahess
Occasional Visitor

My Mindtap grades have stopped syncing to D2L. We are almost done with the semester, and I have no idea how to fix this.

ahess
Occasional Visitor
I didn't assign every assignment, so I don't know if I should sync the "full gradebook" or go in and do it for one assignment at a time.
(0) Kudos
ahess
Occasional Visitor
Thanks: I am the only person with access to the course, so nothing has changed except the grades stopped syncing.
(0) Kudos
ahess
Occasional Visitor
The students just started cheering. It seems re-syncing manually worked!

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

Re: My Mindtap grades have stopped syncing to D2L. We are...

It can happen, though - not often. Usually the "sync" will force that little hiccup on through. 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

You can sync by assignment or full gradebook. Even if you choose full gradebook, that won't hurt anything. Only what you have a column set up for in your LMS will flow over. No worries there!

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

Now that is the BEST response I have received here. Cheering students are ALWAYS welcome! Have a good day. 

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

Hi! Have you gone into the Progress app in MindTap, expanded the full gradebook, and then gone into the right corner of the gradebook (and then chosen the "Sync" option)? That may help. If the issue still continues, you may want to reach out to your rep or DSC. You could also put in a Support Ticket within MindTap, as well (under your name in the top-right corner of main screen).  

Forcing the sync as @Jenny_Billings suggests is your best bet, but if that doesn't work, definitely check with tech support.  YES, you can sync one assignment at a time from the gradebook, which is a better option because the entire gradebook is a long process. 

Tech Support willl walk through your setup to be sure all assignments are linked properly and that no one has removed or added something new or a duplicate assignment. One more thing they might ask is if you have another instructor or someone else with rights to your course.  That messed up my syncing once, but simply crossing over from my LMS to the Progress App quick started my sync again!  

Good luck!

Hello,

I checked the Cengage Techcheck and there have been no reported issues with Mindtap.  Before you mess too much I would call the Cengage Help Desk and have them look at your course.  The number is 866-267-4986.  It would be best to have them look at everything first.

Good Luck!

Sherri