How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamsp
Occasional Visitor

MindTap.Some students say they're not being allowed more than 1 attempt. Exactly how must students proceed in order to have access to all attempts?

Scholar
What is the subject matter for your course and the MT book you are using?
(0) Kudos
williamsp
Occasional Visitor
Graveter et al, Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (9th), LMS integration with Blackboard. Trying to determine exactly what to tell students to do and what NOT to do in order to guarantee access to 3 chances (already set up).
Scholar
Perfect; so it sounds like @Audrey_Wick addressed that in her reply..:). Good luck!
(0) Kudos

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

Audrey_Wick
Valued Contributor

Re: MindTap.Some students say they're not being allowed m...

Hello, @williamsp,

Thanks for posting about this.

It sounds like you might be wanting to set more attempts on the Aplia activities in MindTap. That's what I've done in the past, and it's a great option to give your students to help them learn more from these skill-and-drill type activities.

To set three attempts per Aplia activity:

1) Slide the "edit" bar at the top of your Learning Path in order to access editing features.

2) Click the box next to the Aplia activity you wish to edit. Then click the pencil icon for "Edit."

3) Select "Batch actions" at the bottom of the page and "Edit settings." A new window will appear.

4) This is where you want to make sure each activity is set to be "Graded," not labeled as "Practice."

Then, you can close out of that editing window. To double-check default Aplia settings, click on the actual Aplia icon from the app dock on the righthand side of the page. Choose your preferred scoring method: "average," "do no harm," or "keep the highest."

You may want to remind students that if they want to use their three attempts, they need to click "Try Another Version" instead of the "I'm done. Grade it Now" button. The later closes out the activity while the former moves them from their first attempt to their second and then, if they choose, to a third and final one. Here's a link to the Aplia Brief User Manual that you may want to link in your course, or you could copy certain screenshots from here to share with students: http://assets.cengage.com/pdf/gui_aplia-stu-brief-user-guide.pdf.

I hope this helps, but if this doesn't address your concern, let us know.

--Audrey

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Scholar

Re: MindTap.Some students say they're not being allowed m...

Typically mindtap assignments are set up with only one try. You will have to edit them and change the settings to allow more attempts. What product powers the assessments in your mind tap course? For instance, I’m in computing and SAM powers our assessments.