How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MindTap Due Dates

Another instructor asked me today if MindTap has the ability to accept assignments after the due date.  I know this feature is now available in SAM (December release?), but was not sure if there was a way to allow this in the MindTap platform or if anyone has a clever workaround?

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

Re: MindTap Due Dates

I don't think the ability exists to accept assignments or posting after the due date on MindTap. You have a start and due date. You may Change the due date for the entire class or for selected students.

If you are new to MindTap, I would strongly suggest to avoid changing and accepting late assignments. Of course, there are always a few exceptions to the rule.

What has worked best for me over the last 5 or 6 years is to open all assignments the first week and assign due dates for each chapter. I do not open the last chapter because assignments must be completed before the last journal is submitted. This way, students can read and work ahead at their own rate and enhance their time management skills. So, when students say they were sick and forgot what day it was, I quickly remind them the advantage of working ahead.

I hope this helps.

Essie

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Circling back on this question as MindTap now has the ability to allow assignment submissions after the orginal due date. Once a due date has been assigned, you can set hte number od days past due date to accept the submission and also define a percentage late penalty. This has been updated in the MindTap Progress App Guide, page 30.  There is also a new credit/no credit option (page 22).  Link to guide is below. 

Comprehensive Instructor Guide to the Progress App

dhodge0016

How do i extend my course end date.

Jenny_Billings
Valued Contributor

There are 3 ways to do this:

1) If your end date has passed, "your course has expired", MindTap will auto-prompt you to change the dates.

2) You can "edit" the course under Cengage.com, Manage Courses.

3) In MindTap, go to your name in the top-right corner, Course Settings: you can extend there if your course has yet to expire. 

Good Morning Sandy,

In April, I visited with one of the Market Managers regarding MindTap. There are changes rolling out before August. Maybe, we will have answers soon.

Happy Summer !