How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Houle
Commenter

Is there a way for me to edit or create a new job sheet within Mindtap that can be "form-filled" and submitted within the platform?

Heavy Duty Truck Systems , 7th Edition

Sean Bennett
ISBN-10: 1-337-78710-8
ISBN-13: 978-1-337-78710-9

I am using Mindtap. I have created job sheets with Word and used developer tools to add fillable fields but when I upload the doc and open it like a student, it opens microsoft word and the doc does not perform within Mindtap. I would like my custom job sheets to behave like the pre-loaded job sheets, thank you!

Kevin_Houle
Commenter
Sandy, thanks for the reply! I will give that a try, but wouldn't you think that activating the link would still open the word doc? I am hoping that the worksheet can integrate into the gradebook like the pre-built worksheets do. The pre-built ones are manually graded but still, I love the paperless options that the integrated worksheets allow. Thanks again- I will try it.
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Perhaps....but thought it might be different if opened in the onedrive or google app? I bet Michael Britt would know; he's always tinkering with things like this!
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
I am looking for the tools witin this forum to add an attachment...
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
I have not figred out how to add an attachment. I did try the weblink from my OneDrive account and the document does open, but does not really integrate into MindTap.
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@Michael_britt It would be a great thing if I could add this job sheet and have it flow to the grade book for a manual grading process, I wasn't really looking for an assessment per se, I have that part figured out to work well for me within Mindtap. Thanks for your help and I hope to hear some more feedback on this topic!!
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@michael_britt I may have found a work around for my dilema. I realized I can edit the title of the job sheets in MT, I can also add a description. In this description I can instruct my students to access my local job sheet and upload it to the gradebook via the upload function within whatever job sheet I direct them to. Does this make sense?
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Sounds feasible to me; give it a try!
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@michael_britt I made this job sheet thing work for me. I took some screenshots and added them to a word doc to show you wat I did, but I don't see any way to attach it. I saw your screencast and the paperclip (from your comment) but all I see on my end is a tiny rectangle comment box. I don't see the same text editing options that you shoed in your capture.
(0) Kudos
Scholar
You would have to click on the Answer Question button to get the paperclip; it's not available in the comment feature..:)
(0) Kudos
View Entire Topic
Scholar

Re: Is there a way for me to edit or create a new job she...

@michael_britt it depends on what powers the assignments in his course as to whether he can build his own assignment from a document.  I cannot do this with SAM, but wondered if something could be built or customized via CNOW or Aplia or another tool in his MT course?