How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Houle
Commenter

Is there a way for me to edit or create a new job sheet within Mindtap that can be "form-filled" and submitted within the platform?

Heavy Duty Truck Systems , 7th Edition

Sean Bennett
ISBN-10: 1-337-78710-8
ISBN-13: 978-1-337-78710-9

I am using Mindtap. I have created job sheets with Word and used developer tools to add fillable fields but when I upload the doc and open it like a student, it opens microsoft word and the doc does not perform within Mindtap. I would like my custom job sheets to behave like the pre-loaded job sheets, thank you!

Kevin_Houle
Commenter
Sandy, thanks for the reply! I will give that a try, but wouldn't you think that activating the link would still open the word doc? I am hoping that the worksheet can integrate into the gradebook like the pre-built worksheets do. The pre-built ones are manually graded but still, I love the paperless options that the integrated worksheets allow. Thanks again- I will try it.
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Perhaps....but thought it might be different if opened in the onedrive or google app? I bet Michael Britt would know; he's always tinkering with things like this!
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
I am looking for the tools witin this forum to add an attachment...
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
I have not figred out how to add an attachment. I did try the weblink from my OneDrive account and the document does open, but does not really integrate into MindTap.
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@Michael_britt It would be a great thing if I could add this job sheet and have it flow to the grade book for a manual grading process, I wasn't really looking for an assessment per se, I have that part figured out to work well for me within Mindtap. Thanks for your help and I hope to hear some more feedback on this topic!!
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@michael_britt I may have found a work around for my dilema. I realized I can edit the title of the job sheets in MT, I can also add a description. In this description I can instruct my students to access my local job sheet and upload it to the gradebook via the upload function within whatever job sheet I direct them to. Does this make sense?
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Sounds feasible to me; give it a try!
(0) Kudos
Kevin_Houle
Commenter
@michael_britt I made this job sheet thing work for me. I took some screenshots and added them to a word doc to show you wat I did, but I don't see any way to attach it. I saw your screencast and the paperclip (from your comment) but all I see on my end is a tiny rectangle comment box. I don't see the same text editing options that you shoed in your capture.
(0) Kudos
Scholar
You would have to click on the Answer Question button to get the paperclip; it's not available in the comment feature..:)
(0) Kudos
View Entire Topic

Re: Is there a way for me to edit or create a new job she...

@Kevin_Houle You're right about not being able to attach a document here in the Q&A. I'm trying to get that option restored.

However, I'm almost positive (I have an email out to someone just to check) that you can't create an assessment outside of MindTap the results of which will feed into the MindTap gradebook. Am I right about this @Sandy_Keeter @Audrey_Wick ?