How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keita_kornegay

If I copy a course and make changes in either course, will it automatically change the material in the other course?

I am preparing a course in MindTap and I am not through, but I need to copy what I have so far into another course. When I go back to make future changes, will they automatically update in the other course?

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

Scholar

Re: If I copy a course and make changes in either course,...

So the big question here is whether you are referring to copying a Moodle course or a MindTap course and are you using Deep Links from Moodle to MT?   In Mindtap, you could have a Master section that all classes link to so making changes in the Master could affect all classes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Audrey_Wick
Valued Contributor

Hello, @keita_kornegay

This is an important step, so I want to make sure you don't make a mistake with digital content. 

No, if you are working directly in MindTap (where content is not linked to a Learning Management System with deep links), then if you copy one course and make changes, any additional changes you make in the original course will NOT automatically apply. 

One solution (if both sections are yours) is to keep the courses merged. You could have one single course for all students. Alternately, you can use the master course creation solutions provided by @Sandy_Keeter and @Maggie_Major

Also, here's a general .pdf reference guide for using MindTap: http://assets.cengage.com/pdf/gui-mt-inst-managing-courses.pdf

Good luck this semester! And let The Community know if you need further assistance. 

--Audrey 

Maggie_Major
Contributor

Kelta:

In Mindtap, you can create a Master course. You can make changes to the Master and then create copies of the Master for each of the sections you are teaching. However, once you create the individual sections, if you want to make changes, you will need to add the changes to each individual section.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Maggie Major