How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltrauth

I no longer use MindTap but cannot remove MT columns from BB Learn Gradebook even though all links are removed from the course

My department moved to a different publisher last summer.  No problem in most of my courses.  But in one class, even though I removed ALL MindTap activity links from the class, I cannot delete them from the gradebook.   There are a LOT of them and I just want them gone....   

Sure I can hide them, but they are all worth points and are throwing off the gradebook total.   I don't really want to go through and edit each one to reduce the points to zero or make sure they aren't adding to the total.  You have to do that 1-by-1 in Blackboard.  

Blackboard Learn 9.1 is the LMS.   Again, all folders of MindTap activities are GONE from the course - the Links are GONE and have been since AUGUST!.  But the gradebook columns are still there and Blackboard thinks they are linked to something, so will not let me delete them.   

Any suggestions are appreciated!  

Laura

View Entire Topic
Audrey_Wick
Valued Contributor

Re: I no longer use MindTap but cannot remove MT columns...

Hello, @ltrauth,

Sounds like you are getting ready for the next semester. That's great news!  🙂  Glad you reached-out here for assistance. Let's see if I can help.

If you don't want to individually edit, have you tried the "bulk edit" action in the Blackboard gradebook? You should be able to bulk edit columns and delete the activities that are still showing from MindTap.

You should also be able to "deselect" the gradebook association from the Content Selector. Look for the "Add to Gradebook" notice in the Content Selector, and make sure the green check mark does NOT appear so that the links don't carry. See this MindTap to Blackboard .pdf file for more information.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you need more guidance or further assistance.

--Audrey