How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle group testing in a large classroom setting?

Hello. This is Mary Ann Parrott, LC in Raleigh, NC. I have a question from one of my dear clients. Any ideas here?

The only other challenge I am facing is the group quizzes, which are conducted in the classroom.  Last year, I had to pull five questions from the test bank pool and then rearrange the question answers so that they matched the scratch-off sheets.  Then, everything had to be put into PPT. While this sounds simple, it was very time consuming—at least two or more hours per chapter. In addition, the answer scratch-off sheets are very expensive.  I am
wondering if by chance you can think of a way to create that in-class group quiz in a more simple
fashion.

View Entire Topic
emmaleigh_kirchner
Contributor

Re: How do you handle group testing in a large classroom...

Hi Mary Ann! 

I use a mix of group and individual quizzes. I use mindtap for individual quizzes and for group quizzes I use an app called Socrative. It is similar to polleverywhere and quizlet. My favorite part of this program is using the "space race" feature. I let students sit in groups, use any digitial device (one per group) and as they answer the questions their rocket moves a space. This creates a fun and competitive learning enviornment. To keep track of grades each group must turn in a sheet with all of the group members names and their "team name," which is found in Socrative. You can download all of their answers in an excel format to keep for later use. Quick, easy, and fun 🙂