How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisa_barnett
Commenter

How do I listen to audio icons in Horizons ebook?

Horizons 7th ed
ISBN-13: 9781337568265

I'm clicking on the purple speaker icons in the ebook online at VitalSource and getting nothing. 

lisa_barnett
Commenter
The read aloud feature is not what I am looking for. The French text is mangled in that feature. I thought the speaker icons in the text were associated with French pronunciation for students. At the bottom of the page it says: "You can access the audio of the active vocabulary of this Compétence online." Where?
(0) Kudos
lisa_barnett
Commenter
Thank you, Sandy, for your suggestion, though!
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Sorry, I figured it was more than Read Aloud that you would want, so according to Vital Source, all extra resources are maintained by the publisher. This is what Vitalsource says about resources: https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012398527-About-Resources
(0) Kudos
Scholar

And here is the instructor companion site on Cengage: https://www.cengage.com/cgi-wadsworth/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M20bI&product_isbn_issn=978133756826...

Or you can create MindTap course and see everything there!

(0) Kudos
lisa_barnett
Commenter
Katherine, When I am in MindTap and click on the Full Book button to the right, I see the textbook online but there is no audio. Is there some other way to access the ebook with all functions?
(0) Kudos
lisa_barnett
Commenter
Thank you! When I contacted support to ask where the ebook was with all functionality, they signed me up for VitalSource. Didn't know it was at the bottom of Learning Path. I appreciate your help!
(0) Kudos
Scholar
Crazy that they sent you to vital source! Sorry for the trouble! I was wondering at first why you were there and not in MT..:)
(0) Kudos
View Entire Topic
katherine_bevins
Occasional Visitor

Re: How do I listen to audio icons in Horizons ebook?

Yes, as Sandy said, when you are in your MindTap course, on the left of your screen, you'll see all of the chapters with the activities, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see one that says Horizons eBook. You can click on that, and you'll see that the eBook is divided out by chapters. Any audio clips/videos that are shown in the book can be accessed here. (I never use the eBook that is on the menu bar on the right, since it isn't always fully functional.)