How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1bpchristian
Commenter

How do I download the test banks? They are zip files that contain files that have the .dat extension. When opened in notepad - they're gibberish

cengage.com/mindtap

Essentials of Business Communications, 10e

1bpchristian
Commenter
What is my LMS?
(0) Kudos

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

sinjini_mitra
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I download the test banks? They are zip files...

If the materials are bundled with your learning management system (LMS), you need to open them there directly and not outside of your LMS. However, you may still be able to access the test banks under "instructor resources" if you have that added to your login page. You can also contact your Cengage rep. on campus or your digital learning consultant to give you access to the instructor resources (if you don't see them) or even send you a copy of the test banks (in .txt or Word formats).

Hope this helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Scholar

PS

You may find that all of these assessments are already built out in mindtap and you don’t need to even download the test banks, Unless you want to deliver quizzes inside your LMS.

Scholar

For instance here is a website that shows how to import Cengage test banks into Moodle.

https://www.trinitydc.edu/moodle/2018/01/11/how-do-i-import-a-test-bank-from-cengage-into-moodle/

Once you know your  LMS You can download the appropriate zip file and review videos or  tutorials online or have your e-learning department help you import into your LMS

Connie_Koski
Frequent Commenter

Hello,

Your LMS is your Learning Management system. For instance, do you use Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, or Jensabar (or something else)? How are you attempting to present the Cengage digital content to your students?

Scholar

If the downloads are specifically for your LMS  then they need to be imported into the LMS in order for test to be created. They aren’t meant for you to open up and view as is.