How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eugene_Matthews
Valued Contributor

How are you using Kaltura to enhance your courses?

Kaltura is an application that allows you to upload videos, YouTube, Screencasts, etc. One of the ways I've used it (aside from YouTube and similar uploads) is by creating a summative review of writing assignments. After assessing a course writing assignment I produce a short video highlighting the areas of excellence found across the submissions. I also add suggestions for fixing common errors, such as APA writing, grammar, etc.  The response from my online students has been very positive; I'm incorporating this practice into my in-seat face to face classes now.

How are you using Kaltura to enhance your courses?
~
EM

Eugene_Matthews
Valued Contributor
Sheila, thanks for the response on how you use Kaltura. I am only passingly familiar with Office Mix. I plan to become more familiar with it and Sway in order to see how I might integrate it into my courses. I think there are a lot of very helpful programs 'out there' that many of us have only a passing familiarity with which could possibly be leveraged to enhance what we do in the classroom. I'm excited about what's coming next!
~
Eugene
(0) Kudos

Great Answers (1)

Great Answers (1)

SheilaBlower
Frequent Commenter

Re: How are you using Kaltura to enhance your courses?

I teach Records Management and I have a simulation kit that is used in addition to the MindTap for the course. I found my first semester that students really struggled with what the instructions were telling them for setting up their simulation kit. So I created videos showing them how to set up their kit every week. They were made into Kaltura videos and then transcribed so that they would meet ADA compliance. That is currently my only experience with Kaltura. A lot of us in the Health Office Administration department are really hooked on Office Mix these days for lecture purposes for on-line classes. Are you familiar with that program?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Rajone_Lyman
Contributor

Re: How are you using Kaltura to enhance your courses?

I have used Kaltura as a resource for students to submit group compiled video of campus resources in my online class.