How to Sign In
Ask a Faculty Partner Expert
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaE

Any suggestions on how to offer a hybrid course in Individual Taxation?

I'm using the comprehensive text, along with CengageNow, and have never offered an on-line class. I'm up for any suggestions.

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
sinjini_mitra
Contributor

Re: Any suggestions on how to offer a hybrid course in In...

I have a lot of experience teaching online courses, and with Cengage texts with CengageNOW. Hybrid courses, as far as I understand, are similar to online courses in terms of students learning the materials on their own. Towards this, what I have felt works well is to create a very clear roadmap for each week so that students know exactly what is expected of them. CengageNOW is helpful as students can use the "Study tools" that are part of this platform (quizzes, videos, etc.) as supplementary materials to master the course content. This can be assigned as separate from regular homework assignments (with points) to ensure that students use them. You can also create your own self-test review quizzes so that students can self-assess as they proceed through the learning materials.

So, overall, I think setting students' expectations and providing plenty of learning materials is key to having a successful hybrid/online class.