Technician Talk

need direction on lug studs

This question is answered

hi, I have a 2000 kia sportage, and I need to replace the studs on my front, and I cant locate the information in my online manual. I need to know if ther is anything else i'm gonna have to replace doing it, or a hint on where to find it within my manual, thanks

Verified Answer
  • Thank you for your subscription!

You will need to remove the hub to replace the front studs. Carefully press out the old studs, don't bend the hub body! Hint: A hammer and punch will work to remove the old studs if a press is not available. Drive the studs in carefully and straight with a flat punch.

In your ChiltonDIY subscription, follow this PATH: Driveline > Front Drive Axle/Differential > Locking Hubs > Removal & Installation > Automatic Locking Hubs.

All Replies
  • Thank you for your subscription!

You will need to remove the hub to replace the front studs. Carefully press out the old studs, don't bend the hub body! Hint: A hammer and punch will work to remove the old studs if a press is not available. Drive the studs in carefully and straight with a flat punch.

In your ChiltonDIY subscription, follow this PATH: Driveline > Front Drive Axle/Differential > Locking Hubs > Removal & Installation > Automatic Locking Hubs.