Technician Talk

help

This question is answered

i got a 2004 ford focus svt and im trying to smog it the smog man told me to buy a new motor because of these codes p0302 misfire cylinder #2, code p1381 timing over advanced and code p1518 manifold runer stuck open. further inspction shows that code p302 is cause due to blown head gasket. they also say due to high mileage they recomed a rebuilt engine. so can i get some advice from anybody dose this mean i got to buy a new motor?

Verified Answer
  • Yes! It is definitely time for an engine replacement. It sounds like the Focus was running with the timing advanced and a lean condition which contributed to the problem.

Chilton has excellent coverage of the 2004 Focus SVT. Subscribe at www.ChiltonDIY.com for repair procedures, specifications, technical service bulletins and recalls, maintenance intervals, and more. You can view, print, and save from the online information and you can have the information on the page read out loud.

All Replies
  • Yes! It is definitely time for an engine replacement. It sounds like the Focus was running with the timing advanced and a lean condition which contributed to the problem.

Chilton has excellent coverage of the 2004 Focus SVT. Subscribe at www.ChiltonDIY.com for repair procedures, specifications, technical service bulletins and recalls, maintenance intervals, and more. You can view, print, and save from the online information and you can have the information on the page read out loud.