Technician Talk

pulsing problem

This question is answered

My GMC  1500 4x4 with a 5.0 has a pulsing problem between 40 and 55  it seems like a fuel problem - but there is no code light on -- I need help - I love my truck - but nobody seems to know or have an idea of what it is  !!!  HELP !

Verified Answer
  •  

I would check the fuel pressure, and I would also check all the running parameters. Pay close attention to the fuel and ignition parameters. You may have a sensor failing but it is still within the set parameters of the PCM. Knowledge and a quality scan tool may help.

Did you upgrade the suspension or tires? Sometimes if this work is not done correctly it can cause problems.

All Replies
  • Hi there.

What year is your truck?

•  

I would check the fuel pressure, and I would also check all the running parameters. Pay close attention to the fuel and ignition parameters. You may have a sensor failing but it is still within the set parameters of the PCM. Knowledge and a quality scan tool may help.

Did you upgrade the suspension or tires? Sometimes if this work is not done correctly it can cause problems.