Technician Talk

toyota fortuner 2012 problem

This question is answered

hi

I have toyota fortuner 2012

I ask toyota engineers to make my car breaks more tight because in my area people are carless drivers

every week people have accident beacuse of speed or carelessness

and then the car start to consume more fuel

anyway I went  again to toyota engineer and I told him about the fuel consuming problem

he said he will fix it

but he make it worse

the car consume more fuel than before

now every two days i put fuel in the car

when I bought it I was putting fuel in my car every 5 days

I don't know what to do

help me

tell me what is the solution

I intend to fix it by myself beacuse I had enough from toyota engineers

or I will go to someone else but at least I know if others engnieers understand and know the solution for my car problem

so I don't waste my time and  money

p.s

I ask toyota engnieers the second time I went to them that if the solution is to untight the breaks or make the breaks the same as when I bought the car

I have no problem with it

but he didn't fix it he make the problem worse

Verified Answer
  • Hi Jennifer,

The Fortuner is not sold in the US where we are located.

Without knowing your specific vehicle, there are a few general tips we can share however.

If the vehicle has disc brakes, there is no brake adjustment that can be performed.

Have you recorded your mileage? If you have and it verifies a fuel consumption problem, bring the information with you when you talk with the  mechanic/technician/engineer.

Things that may effect the mileage include driving habits, such as, jackrabbit starts, resting your foot on the brake pedal, or excessive braking. Cold weather can also effect the mileage. Do you have a check engine light ON?, do you smell gas?

All Replies
  • Hi Jennifer,

The Fortuner is not sold in the US where we are located.

Without knowing your specific vehicle, there are a few general tips we can share however.

If the vehicle has disc brakes, there is no brake adjustment that can be performed.

Have you recorded your mileage? If you have and it verifies a fuel consumption problem, bring the information with you when you talk with the  mechanic/technician/engineer.

Things that may effect the mileage include driving habits, such as, jackrabbit starts, resting your foot on the brake pedal, or excessive braking. Cold weather can also effect the mileage. Do you have a check engine light ON?, do you smell gas?