DIY Dialog

1994 f350 7.3L turbo problems

This question is answered

as stated above i have a 1994 f350 7.3L turbo diesel. a short time ago i had to park my truck because it started to do the deathwobble. i ordered the parts and began to work on it while doing so i found i had cracked fuel lines how the truck still ran with that is beyond me but whatever. so i ordered new fuel lines and replaced them and the truck would not start afterwards. since that time its been about 3 months and $1000 later of me replacing things that different forums say to replace to get the truck running. i have replaced the glow plugs/glow plug relay/fuel bowl/other relays and fuses/ cleaned the injectors/cleaned the fuel tank/fuel filter/batteries/air filter. i am beginning to think my truck is going to become a permanent addition to my lawn. the only problem i can see is awhile back i had to run an electric fuel pump bypass because the factory cam driven one stopped sucking fuel from the tank but the electronic pump worked until i parked it to do other work. any ideas would be helpful i am just getting tired of replacing everything on the truck.

Verified Answer
  • Make sure the fuel system has been primed and bled, and that you have correct fuel pressure.

There is a Ford TSB for a no start condition. Check the Media Gallery for the TSB, it is called:

Driveability - Reduced power -- no start -- 7.3L D.I. Turbo -- IDM module -- No diagnostic trouble codes.

(TSBs and Recalls are available with a subscription to vehicle service, repair and maintenance information at www.ChiltonDIY.com.)

All Replies
  • Make sure the fuel system has been primed and bled, and that you have correct fuel pressure.

There is a Ford TSB for a no start condition. Check the Media Gallery for the TSB, it is called:

Driveability - Reduced power -- no start -- 7.3L D.I. Turbo -- IDM module -- No diagnostic trouble codes.

(TSBs and Recalls are available with a subscription to vehicle service, repair and maintenance information at www.ChiltonDIY.com.)