DIY Dialog

2000 dodge Durango losing power

This question is not answered

What would make my 2000 dodge Durango start losing power while driving down the highway? It starts chugging and then stalls. But can start right back up. And also seems to be not shifting into all gears. It is a 5.9. Please help me figure this out. I am stranded right now due to this.

All Replies
  • Not sure if will  help but ive recently had the same issue with my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L. It was pulling a code P0302 misfire cylinder 2 after lots of checking the only fault i could find was a bad fuel injector.  No problems since.

• Check all the basics.
    Tune up parts.
    Scan for DTC codes.
    Test the fuel pressure.
    Check the mass airflow and idle air control sensors for proper operation

ChiltonDIY.com has the specifications, diagnosis, testing, inspection and procedures.

Here are some of the paths to the information for your Durango:

PATH:  Diagnostics>Diagnostic Trouble Codes
    PATH:  Engine Electrical>Ignition System>Spark Plugs & Wires>Spark Plugs>Inspection & Gapping
    PATH:  Engine Electrical>Ignition System>Spark Plugs & Wires>Spark Plug Wires>Testing
    PATH:  Engine Electrical>Distributor Ignition System>Diagnosis & Testing>System Inspection
    PATH:  Fuel System>Fuel Pump>Testing
    PATH:  Engine Performance & Emission Controls>Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor>Testing
    PATH:  Engine Performance & Emission Controls>Idle Air Control Motor>Component Testing