DIY Dialog

2005 pontiac grand am

• I am wondering....is a 2003 Pontiac grand am about the same as a 2005? this Chilton online book is not helping me at all. in fact it is downright confusing. i wanted an actual paperback book. the 2005 Pontiac I bought for a friend has starting issues. at first it would crank with some effort and now it wont start at all.it has power from battery. I hooked my truck up to the car to jump it but it didn't help.

• We just emailed you.

Depending on the engine the Grand Am is equipped with, here are some examples of areas to check for a no-start issue.Use the navigation outline in ChiltonDIY to follow the paths.

• PATH:Engine Performance & Emission Controls > Engine Controls - 2.2L (L61) > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Diagnostic Procedures > Engine Cranks But Does Not Run
    • PATH:Fuel Systems > 3.4L > Diagnosis & Testing > Hard Start
    • PATH: Engine Performance & Emission Controls > Engine Controls - 2.2L (L61) > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Diagnostic Procedures > Hard Start
    • PATH: Engine Electrical > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Engine Cranks Slowly

Check the technical service bulletins (TSBs) and recalls too. You can search the bulletins by symptoms; there is a symptom search called, "Vehicle won't start."