DIY Dialog

chilton's manual cover pcm issues

This question is answered

I am considering purchasing the online version of the manual to help address some issues regarding the pcm in 2001 olds alero.  My instincts tell me the PCM is not operating correctly and causing over heating issues.  I would like to be able to thoroughly troubleshoot each input and output before replacing the PCM. If I purchase the manual does it cover each input and output troubleshooting procedure and include input and output schematic? Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Yes, Chilton has plenty of information in this area. Here are some sample paths you can follow by using the navigation outline:

PATH: Engine Cooling > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Cooling Fan Inoperative

PATH: Engine Cooling > Connector End Views > Cooling System Connector End Views

PATH: Engine Cooling > Schematic and Routing Diagrams > Engine Heating/Cooling Schematics

ChiltonDIY

All Replies
  • Yes, Chilton has plenty of information in this area. Here are some sample paths you can follow by using the navigation outline:

PATH: Engine Cooling > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Cooling Fan Inoperative

PATH: Engine Cooling > Connector End Views > Cooling System Connector End Views

PATH: Engine Cooling > Schematic and Routing Diagrams > Engine Heating/Cooling Schematics

ChiltonDIY