DIY Dialog

2001 Cadillac Eldorado turn signal relay

This question is answered

I am hoping to replace the turn signal relay in my 2001 Cadillac Eldorado. I can hear it near the hood release lever, but I cannot see it and I don't know how to remove the dash panel. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Verified Answer
  • Subscribe at www.ChiltonDIY.com for the procedure to remove turn signal flasher.

Use the navigation outline to follow this PATH: Chassis Electrical > Lighting Systems > Removal, Installation, and Replacement > Turn Signal Lamp Flasher Replacement

All Replies
  • Question for you, if you can hear it while your turn signal lever is in the left or right turn position, ignition key in the on position of course, why do you think it needs to be replaced? Generally if you can hear the flasher clicking, it is functioning as it should be. Noting that it may click faster if you have a turn bulb that is burnt out. Or it may get stuck on or off not clicking at all. So why do want to replace it in the first place?

Be warned before proceeding under the dash and or when working under the dash of a vehicle with Airbags. Disarming of the Airbag system may be required or injury to ones self may be a possibility from inadvertent discharge of the Airbag/s. So proceed with caution.

• Subscribe at www.ChiltonDIY.com for the procedure to remove turn signal flasher.

Use the navigation outline to follow this PATH: Chassis Electrical > Lighting Systems > Removal, Installation, and Replacement > Turn Signal Lamp Flasher Replacement

• The turn signals will not work when the car is first started- no clicking, no lights, nothing. Then, when the car is driven (and the AC cools the interior down), the signals start working (clicking and lights) but very slowly. Eventually the signals work correctly. They also work better in the evening. All of the bulbs are good.

• Intermittent conditions like you describe can be tricky to diagnose. Chilton has the GM factory information for your Eldorado,

Follow the diagnostics for the turn signal, here’s a sample PATH: Chassis Electrical > Lighting Systems > Diagnostic Information and Procedures > Diagnostic Procedures > Diagnostic System Check - Lighting Systems