1999 F350 Fuel System Problems

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
1 Posts
BattleWagon posted on 28 Jan 2012 6:14 PM

I have a F350 with a V10 Triton motor.  It has 186,000 miles on it.  I have difficulty in starting it after it has sat for a few days.  Typically I have to turn the switch off and on multiple times but it will eventually start.  Once it has started it runs and starts fine if it has not sat for any long period of time.

I connected a pressure gauge to the schrader valve.  Initiall when the key was turned on there was no pressure.  While the engine was turning over it was about 30 psi.  When the engine started it remained at 30 psi.  Ran the engine at 4,000 rpm and the pressure remained about 28 psi.  Shut the engine off and turned the key back on the pressure showed 20 psi and remain there.

I'm thinking maybe the problem is with the fuel pressure regulator but can seem to find it.  Any one out there have any thoughts or suggestions for the issue I'm having?

Thanks for your assistance.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
203 Posts

1999 F350 Fuel System 6.8L

The fuel pressure should be between 28-45 psi with the engine running. Fuel pressure should hold when the vehicle is off. If the pressure bleeds off, that is usually a faulty fuel pressure regulator.

The fuel pressure regulator should be located on the fuel rail, you will see a diaphragm with a vacuum hose attached.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS